The Instituto Andaluz de Tecnología (IAT, Andalusian Institute of Technology) is a Technological Centre of Engineering and Innovation Management established as a non-profit private foundation, recognized as being of public interest. IAT acts under strictly professional criteria, providing Knowledge Intensive Services and developing its own technology.
To assist companies and institutions in improving their results while making them sustainable, providing them with Value by using innovative solutions.
IAT generates its own technology through Research, Development and Innovation processes, and will also provide Knowledge-Intensive Services, in order to become a reference among other Technological Centres in Engineering and Knowledge Management at a worldwide level. It aims to meet the needs and expectations of its Interest Groups: employers, clients, people from the organization, stakeholders and the social environment.
- IAT is set up as a Technological Centre in Engineering and Innovation Management committed to the Science, Technology and Company System under the principles established by its Governing Bodies. IAT´s legal status is defined as a non-profit private Foundation, officially recognized as being of public interest.
- IAT´s management model for the development of its activities and R&D&Innovation projects is based on focusing on the customers´ preferences, the description of strategic and planning processes (resources management, provision of services and measurement, analysis and improvement) supported by Information and Communication Technologies. This model will also be based on the integration of applications to make better use of resources. This is all carried out under the principles established both in the ISO 9000, ISO 14000, OHSAS 18000, ISO 27001 y UNE 166000 standards as well as in the European Business Excellence Model.
- IAT´s actions are governed by technical efficiency and sustainability, with the aim of generating trust and reliability, as well as meeting the needs and expectations of its stakeholders in compliance with the legislation in force and, particularly, that relates to aspects of the environment and people´s health and safety in the workplace.
- IAT is willing to collaborate and cooperate with third parties at any time, actively participating in those initiatives which contribute to the fulfilment of its Mission Statement according to the legislation established in each case.
- Commitment to the Customer.
- Participation and Cooperation.
- Independence, Distinction, and Social Involvement.
- Sustainable Developement.
- Commitment to People´s Health and Safety.
Commitment to Social Responsibility and Sustainability
IAT is managed as a socially responsible institution which is provided with a sustainable development approach based on criteria of balance and efficient use of resources, both in economic and environmental terms, reducing its impact on the environment and considering people as the most valuable asset within the organization.
On the other hand, since IAT was initially created, a clear strategic commitment has been adopted regarding the establishment of policies on equal treatment and opportunities, regardless of gender, race or beliefs.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish